Rich History, Rare Culinary Experiences
Go beyond the boundaries of the culinary world at Hotel Fort Des Moines. Sip fresh-brewed coffee or select wine at Hobnob, our own coffee and wine bar named after the 1940s eatery that occupied the same spot. Savor fresh caught sustainable seafood, handmade pastas, and locally sourced produce at Proudfoot & Bird or carefully prepared beverages consisting of locally roasted coffee and sharable bites in Hobnob Coffee and Wine Bar.
Our talented team of chefs set out to inspire your palate every day, from unique handcrafted cocktails to dishes that showcase the best ingredients from around the region and beyond. Feel like you're worlds away as you dine on dishes like our Bourbon Brined Iowa Chop, or simply stop into our speakeasy inspired bar for a classic cocktail and casual conversation.
Proudfoot & Bird
Named after the original Hotel Fort Des Moines architects, Proudfoot & Bird pays homage to the glamorous days of years past with every detail. Adorned with stunning marble tables, intricate gold ceiling inlay, plush soft seating, and a grand circular bar, we have recreated a time filled with elegance, extravagance, and indulgence. Two semi-private dining rooms are available, seating eight and 10 guests.
Hobnob Coffee and Wine Bar
With an ambiance blending the casual European countryside and approachable elegance, this is a space to be enjoyed for everything from carefully prepared beverages consisting of locally roasted coffee to a quiet rendezvous, inclusive of memorable conversation and sharable bites. Experience award-winning selections at our wine bar. Situated next to the elegant lobby of the hotel, Hobnob is easily accessible to all.
Ask Our Travel Concierge
Have more questions?
- WHAT FOOD IS DES MOINES KNOWN FOR?Iowa’s corn-fed beef is known for its rich flavors and history, making steak one of the famous Des Moines specialty menus. Steak de Burgo is the most popular regional food consisting of beef tenderloin steak topped with butter, garlic, and Italian herbs. Some of the city’s famous food - Iowa Ham Balls, taco pizza, and Maid Rite.
for WHAT FOOD IS DES MOINES KNOWN FOR? Learn More
- DOES HOTEL FORT DES MOINES HAVE PRIVATE DINING?Yes, our Des Moines hotel offers private dining service at one of our meeting spaces – Study. Features a custom-designed long table for up to 20 guests, making it an ideal setting for private dinners, luncheons, rehearsal dinners, and other events.
for DOES HOTEL FORT DES MOINES HAVE PRIVATE DINING? Learn More
- WHAT ARE THE BEST RESTAURANTS NEARBY TO HOTEL FORT DES MOINES?Some of the top Des Moines restaurants close to our hotel, where you can find prime steaks, sushi, and fresh seafood, are listed here:
- Akebono (less than 1 block)
- Bubba (less than 1 block)
- Malo (0.1 miles)
- 801 Chophouse (0.2 miles)
- Americana (0.3 miles)
for WHAT ARE THE BEST RESTAURANTS NEARBY TO HOTEL FORT DES MOINES? Learn More
- DOES HOTEL FORT DES MOINES HAVE AN ON-SITE RESTAURANT?Yes, Hotel Fort Des Moines features two on-site restaurants, Proudfoot & Bird, which serves locally sourced dishes and Hobnob Coffee & Wine Bar which serves drinks and light fare.
for DOES HOTEL FORT DES MOINES HAVE AN ON-SITE RESTAURANT? Learn More
- WHAT KIND OF FOOD DOES PROUDFOOT & BIRD SERVE?Proudfoot & Bird serves handmade pasta, seafood, poultry, and prime-cut beef - all locally sourced and freshly prepared. The restaurant also features an award-winning wine selection.
for WHAT KIND OF FOOD DOES PROUDFOOT & BIRD SERVE? Learn More
- WHAT ARE THE HOURS OF OPERATION AT PROUDFOOT & BIRD?Proudfoot & Bird is open daily from 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM - 11PM.
for WHAT ARE THE HOURS OF OPERATION AT PROUDFOOT & BIRD? Learn More
- WHAT DOES HOBNOB COFFEE & WINE BAR SERVE?Hobnob Coffee & Wine Bar serves locally roasted coffee and fine wines. The café's carefully crafted beverages and shareable cuisine are designed to inspire thoughtful conversations.
for WHAT DOES HOBNOB COFFEE & WINE BAR SERVE? Learn More
- WHAT ARE THE HOURS OF OPERATION AT HOBNOB COFFEE & WINE BAR?The hours of operation at Hobnob Coffee & Wine Bar are: 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM daily and 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM Wednesday-Saturday.
for WHAT ARE THE HOURS OF OPERATION AT HOBNOB COFFEE & WINE BAR? Learn More
- HOW CAN I RESERVE A TABLE AT PROUDFOOT & BIRD?Proudfoot & Bird provides free, secure, and instantly confirmed online reservations. Click Here to reserve your time and table.
for HOW CAN I RESERVE A TABLE AT PROUDFOOT & BIRD? Learn More
- HOW CAN I RESERVE A TABLE AT HOBNOB COFFEE & WINE BAR?Hobnob Coffee & Wine Bar provides free, secure, and instantly confirmed online reservations. Click Here to make a reservation.
for HOW CAN I RESERVE A TABLE AT HOBNOB COFFEE & WINE BAR? Learn More